Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can you do if you where falsing accused to CPS and know who called?

We got falsing accused of something and a family memeber reported something to cps (we dont even know what she said) but we know she did it is there anything we could do? she is a minor but we do not want it effecting her mother?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (12)
  • Explain it to the CPS worker who visits you. They get false calls all of the time. My brother was in a horrific accident that left his entire face black and blue. My mother had CPS called on her because they thought he was abused. Just show CPS that you're a good parent and they can't do much.

    Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • You will have no way of knowing who reported you can guess or even know but never officially know to do anything legally about it. If the person does this more than once and nothing is found the state can say knock it off or we will file charges of false reporting but you cant do anything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • If somebody ever falsely accused me of something I would be very angry. What did they say you did? That is terrible and I'm sorry you had to go through such a thing.

    Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • been there and it's not fun! Just be honest when they come to investigate and keep your anger to yourself. My back up sitter reported me..why cause her huge hulking monster of a son made my little one look little......he was born a week late was 12 pounds plus at birth and 21 inches. My little one was 3 weeks early, was 5 pounds 13 ounces at birth and 16 1/2 inches. I had fiberoids that also affected her grotwth. So despite her child being twice my childs size she reported me for not taking care of my kid. My ped. laughed at the charges and said it will stop at his office. I was also told that this lady's license was being investigated cause she turned in every parent that used her. Karma got her several months later.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 2:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • they didnt tell us what the allegations where i have been trying to get ahold of the cps worker to ask but they came over with two dectives and her and the reason i know who called is because she pretty much told me she is only 15 and has things that give her away when she is lying

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • CPS' job is to investigate any allegations. If there is no wrong doing they will leave you guys alone. I understand that it is aggravating to have loving caring parents accused of abuse or neglect (or whatever it is that was said) but I also know that what goes around comes around.

    If the person who made the report was a minor, she/he isn't really mature enough to fully understand the extend and ramifications of his actions. Think about it in terms of who ever did it hopefully had your child's interest at heart and probably misunderstood or misinterpreted something.

    It the report was done maliciously there is something called slander and an attorney could tell you if anything can be done about it but I think if there was no malicious intent I would just let it go. You suspect so and so did it but until you are 100% sure, don't loose sleep over it, focus on CPS visit and how to clear the misunderstanding.

    Answer by bebita at 2:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • my mother called cps on me when i decided to go back to my x-husband. she said we was having sex in front of the kids, doing drugs in front of them and allowing them to have sex with there cousins, and other little kids. when the cps worker came out they talked to my kids, and us and they asked us who could of called them and i told her my mom, and why she did it. they seen it was a false report and dropped it. good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • You are saying you want the girl to get in trouble.....I can understand why you would want her to get in trouble, but I don't know what you can do about that.

    Answer by BJoan at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • yea i want to her get into trouble because this is bs the cps worker said that was for physical abuse and neglect umm i am sorry but the only times i ever put my hands or my hubby is to spank their bottom no where else and its not even hard

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • I have been through this three times. You can't do anything really about your accuser, since the accusations are made anonymously. They will interview you, your children, and your SO. Then if there is nothing further to investigate they will just close the case and you won't hear from them again.

    Answer by momandvet at 2:05 AM on May. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.