Is this normal for 33 weeks? Am I at risk for pre-term labor?

About 2 days ago I started having extreme pelvic floor pressure. I constantly feel like I'm going to pee on myself but often when I try to go there is nothing in there. I can't even come close to sitting with my legs anywhere near closed and sex has become extremely uncomfortable in my pelvis.

My DH and I had sex before he went to work this morning and I literally had to hold my lower abdomen because every time he penetrated (TMI I know...sorry) it hurt REALLY bad.

I read in my pregnancy book that this kind of pelvic pressure usually happens right before birth in subsaquent pregnancies. Is that true?

I feel like an idiot asking because this is my second baby but I was induced last time and never experianced this.

Could I be at risk for pre-term labor? Is this normal at 33 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal to have that pelvic floor/pubic area pressure and pain. It sucks, but it doesn't exactly mean you're going into labor. Unless you've passed your mucus plug, I wouldn't worry too much. To relieve the pain, try sitting on a small ball (try one about the size of two fists.) You do this by sitting cross legged on top of the ball with your taint (haha, I know it sounds weird, but try it.) Sit there for abuot 10 seconds or as long as you can stand. It will be somewhat painful. But once you get up, the pressure is relieved. It's a life-saver for me.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 2:00 PM on May. 19, 2009