Heart pounding

Im 27 weeks along and it seems more and more my heart starts pounding and i feel like i cant catch my breath. It happens more after i eat little or big meals and its starting to drive me nuts. This is my 5th pregancy but its happening more in this one than the others. Is this normal since im almost 30 or should i ask my doc about it?

tristinsmommy

Asked by tristinsmommy at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When your pregnant your blood volume increases up to 50%, and your heart rate increases to accompany that extra blood,
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it could also be heart burn-I know that sounds stupid but my dad thought he was having a heart attack and t was a bad case of acid reflux!
    its easy to mistake those symptoms I guess?
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Several things can contribute to this:

Eating (particulary a large meal) because the baby pushes on your stomach on your lungs so anything extra can make things very squished in there.

The extra blood volume that you have right now from being pregnant makes your heart work a little harder than usual.

Low or high blood pressure can cause you to feel this, especially when you up and active.

Anonymous