What would you do?

Ok, this is stupid I know, but it really irritated me. I bought my son a pair of Stride Rite shoes, shoes from a kids specialty store, not cheap! Anyway, I paid like 65 bucks for these things because he has a wide foot and the specialize in this sort of thing. I then sent afore mentioned son to the MIL's for the night. When I picked him up the next day she had cut his shoe laces very short like down to the shoe and tied the ends in knots. WTH? Brand new shoes given the psycho Edward Scissor Hands treatment. Am I crazy for thinking this is nuts? What would you have done? So needless to say I had to buy yet another pair of laces for the shoes and I felt like stringing her up with them. She just giggled like it was funny and normal...I swear!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why would she cut the lacfes..that ridiculous! I would be super pissed!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'd say she needs to pay for them. It's not normal to cut shoelaces, though I have heard of cutting them and tying them short so the kid doesn't try eating them...but that's really unnecessary if you keep them tied.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• That wasn't nice of her. I'm not sure if I'd be pissed though. I'd be upset. She cut the shoelaces not the shoes. Make her replace the laces
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• "the psycho Edward Scissor Hands treatment" LMAO!!! I don't have that kind of mother in law but that was funny, and no you have the right to be irritated and she's having fun with you :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I would tell her in no unceartein terms that what she did was unaccpetable and to consult you from now on before she does anything like that again. Don't harp on it but let her know it was wrong so maybe she'll think twice next time.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:11 PM on May. 19, 2009

• She's a few kittens short of a litter - what the heck is her problem?
    Next time you bring him back with him wearing his new shoes with the new laces, make a point to look her in the eyes and tell her that you do NOT want his laces cut or altered in any way because you are happy with the way they are.
    If you pick him up and she has defied you, then ask her what the deal is and ask her if she wants him to keep visiting, because you can't feel safe leaving him with her if she can't follow your simple parenting requests.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:43 PM on May. 19, 2009