CHRISTIANS: What do you do or where do you go to get away from the "noise"?

How do you get away from the world and it's distractions, temptations, and "noise" to focus more on God?

Whenever I get time to think and pray in a peaceful place it's much easier to focus on my relationship...but it's SO HARD to get away from it all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Please don't start with this again. You honestly do not know if the person that answers you are a Christian or not.

Anonymous

• For me, early morning is the best time. I get up early enough to study His word,and spend time in prayer before I go to work,and it always starts my day off right. Of course I spend time with Him all throughout the day,but for an uninterrupted time, that works best for me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I would say "hello God its me" oh wait I can't say that according to some people any more.
    Anonymous

• From what I can see on Religion and Beliefs board today there are some who should seek the quiet of a therapist.
    Anonymous

• yep study
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 2:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No need to bring any drama on to this she is just looking for friendly advice. I myself am not christian but I love some quite time too. Do you have a quite park or neighborhood you can just walk through and think? That works great for me. If it is still a little noisy maybe bring your ipod or walkman filled with your favorite gospel music. I really hope you find something that works for you.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:55 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I wake up at 5:45 am - long before the kids. If I don't get up that early, then I WON'T get any quiet time. I read my devotion for the day, read a bit of my bible, pray, meditate a little, have some coffee . . . I call it my coffee with God time, and the kids know that if they get up and I am up and the light is on but the TV is NOT on, they are to go back to bed until they hear the TV, because that is MY private time, LOL!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Get up at 5 a.m. its quiet and you can focus then.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Sometimes I go for a drive....alone. I also go for a walk outside and pray as I go. I love being surrounded by nature and talking with God. To do my daily devotion/Bible reading, I get it in at my sons nap time, before my kids get up or after everyone is in bed.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 7:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• DeeDee3849, have you ever done the Bible study "Experiencing God",by Henry Blackaby? That is one of the things he mentions as a great idea to get close to God. Just take a walk,and talk to God the whole time. In fact, that's one of the assignments on one of the weeks. It really brought me closer to God,as I could really commune with Him,and enjoy and appreciate all the beauty and majesty of His creations around me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:13 PM on May. 19, 2009