Is it true that if you are on PA; you get a free cell phone.

I read somewhere a long time ago; if you are on PA; they will give you a cell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not in CA.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Where is this?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Where is this?! Cause I need a Blackberry.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 2:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Why on earth would a person get a free cellphone? They are not a necessity in life. What next free computers with free internet?
    Anonymous

• WHAT! WHERE IS MY FREE CELL PHONE BISHES!?!?!?!!?!?!

I dont think thats true.. What kind of PA you talking about? Welfare? Ive never heard of it.. however I only get WIC and Medicaid.. no welfare....... yet. >.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• This op is prob. correct, b/c I too saw this as a public announcement in TN. I would have thot that it was for the ability to have 911 options, b/c any cell even those without service can call 911. BUT, that's not the case. I don't know the details.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• life- I know that there is a place where people can donate their old cell phones and they give them out to domestically abused women for 911 emergencies only. I cannot remember what its called, but I always make sure to give them my old cells.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Used donated cell phones are one thing, but this is a plan for those on PA to receive a particular plan, but I can't remember the details to the announcement that was made here in TN. My hub saw it too, and said it had a "plan". Someone should google it.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• There are programs designed to give battered women, homeless (I think), and some other groups cell phones (prepaid). It is so they can go out and get jobs. People will not hire you if the phone number is to a homeless or shelter. It's not PA in general. Now most will qualify for ATT free phone program basic 500 min for free. All of it you have to apply for.

Anonymous

• you do not need a cell phone a land line for emergencies but i think giving out free cell phones is a bit much because that is not a need but a want..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:12 PM on May. 19, 2009