Things about pregnancy your best friend wouldnt even tell you!

ok, so I know this may sound stupid but I was told there are alot of things about pregnancy that even your best friend wouldnt tell you... I wanted to no if you all could share that with me- the worst or most gross or imbarrassing things that would be helpfull knowing before hand, and that you might not find in a book, and your mother wouldnt bring it up at the table!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The one thing I wish someone would have told me is that it's possible to get really awful shakes after the baby is born. It was a little emotionally traumatic for me and then I was scared to death when the shaking started. I shook uncontrollably for over an hour, so bad I couldn't even hold my newborn son... I thought something was really wrong with me, but it turns out, it happens...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• sometimes ppl poop on themselfs during.. thats what my mama told me AT the table.. shes nasty..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• depending on how far along you are, be careul when you sneeze. You may pee your pants. You may experience the worst case of constipation and/or diareha (sp?) ever in your life. You may squirt milk while in a warm shower. I'll think of more and come back :). Ps.....it's totally worth whatever happens though :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Gooey snot-like discharge..that is all I will say=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Vericose veins in the vagina from pushing when constipated. Didn't know that till I went to the dr 2 weeks ago and this is my 4th. Asked Gma and mom and neither had this even though Gma had 5 and mom had 4. Midwife said it's normal and should go away after birth.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the sneezing and peeing your pants thing. also uncontrollable gas like when you stand up or sit down it just comes out of no where. lol.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Hm. Well I don't think any of it is embarrassing. Its natural, and I like to tell the world :) Including my best friend.

The first time I got up to go to the bathroom blood immediately ran down my legs and pooled at my feet. Nurses scrambled behind me cleaning it up and changing my sheets. One of the nurses came into the bathroom with me, cleaned up my blood legs, and as I was sitting on the toilet (after I finished peeing) she showed me all of the stuff I would be given to clean my stitches (and help numb the area) and then had me spread em so she could clean the area for me showing me how to properly.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my pregnancy was fine and I had no embarassing stuff except farting so loud it would wake me and my fiance up lol.
    Postpartum is a different story! I had to keep dinging the bell and asking for more ice pads to stuff in my underwear lol.
    They make you wear diapers.
    I had hemmroids and was too embarrased to ask for help with them, then finally I did and the nurse got me some tucks and explained to me infront of my fiance how to use them.
    I couldn't pee on my own and had to have a catheter in for 2 days.
    I didn't poop for 5 days and had to get prescribed a stool softener, after I finally went I cried to my mom because of how relieved I felt.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• oh yes and the shakes during/after labor. I was so scary and couldn't stop it, I even bit my tongue while pushing
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2009