Meals for one?

My hubby is gone a lot for work (military) and I find it very difficult to come up with real meals from just myself and my three year old. What do you cook for just you and the kids when hubby isn't home?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 2:18 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've raised a family of six and are now down to two. My hubby works ten+ hours a day and comes home around midnight, so I either cook for one twice, or cook for two and save his to warm up. Maybe you can help me, how do you cook for two? HAHA My youngest son has left for the Navy and he ate enough for three, so I've never learned to cook small. Good luck.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 3:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You can prepare larger meals and freeze half for another day.
    Here are some of the foods we eat; contact me directly if you would like any recipes.
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    southwestern falafel (bean patties, taste better then it sounds) with avocado sauce
    noodles and broccoli with peanut sauce
    lentil sloppy joes
    noodles with beans, spinach, and cheese
    curry with brown rice and naan or tortilas
    jumbo taco salad
    tortilla pizza
    veggie stew with dumplings
    beans and rice, quesadillas, avocado salad
    ginger stir-fry over rice

Answer by rkoloms at 3:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• mac and cheese with cut up chicken and corn, this dish is awesome. Use freas mac or the box. Cook the mac while getting the chicken done, add the corn, 1 can, then the chicken, let it bake at 350 for about 25min. Or what I do for myslf an the 3 kids isground turkey mixed with rice with soy sauce, this is simple. Cook the ground turkey and add whatever seasoning, then cook some rice, one the meat is done add it to the rice while it is cooking, cover and cook for 20min, then add a little soy sauce, this is amazing
    firewoman1977

Answer by firewoman1977 at 3:21 PM on May. 19, 2009