How did you get yours to come out???

I've tried asking nicely, going for walks, drinking raspberry tea, we've even tried sex (I told DH to have at it and he was just happy to be getting some, lol). I was due yesterday. I'm 2 centimeters dilated, and my dr removed the rest of my mucous plug yesterday. Every few minutes my stomach gets really hard, it was every 5 minutes last night and this morning it's been more sporadic but it's not painful at all.
I just want her out! Is there anything more I can do to move it along?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No matter what you do, unless you are induced, she will come when she is ready to come=[
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Aww, not really, unfortunately :(

I did everything in the book, including formally evicting her (LOL), but I eventually had to be induced. I remember how much it sucked to watch everyone else in my Dec. 2008 group have their babies naturally, aaack!

Just be comforted in the fact that you WILL have your baby within the next three weeks. Without fail :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Ths may sound weird but take a bubble bath and play with your nipples- Lol ALOT
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Here are some natural labor induction methods but baby will come when SHE is ready!

-Cumin Tea- 1 cumin seed in 1 cup of boiling water, left to steep for 5 minutes. 1 CUP PER HOUR PER DAY. Place a cube of raw potato in the cup to soak up bitterness and add honey or sugar to sweeten. This is used by midwives in Latino communities for women who are at risk for medical induction or for those who are determined to be at a higher risk if they carry past a certain date such as women with gestational diabetes but is effective for many, many women.

Nipple Stimulation- Breast Pump for 2 minutes and then take a 20 minute break and walk. If it doesn't bring on contractions you can up it to 3 minutes but then take another 20 minute break to walk. THIS SHOULD BE SUPERVISED (if only over the phone) BY A MIDWIFE OR DOCTOR!!

Anonymous

• Sex- there are prostaglandins in human sperm that help to ripen the cervix. Interestingly these are the SAME prostaglandins that are in Cervidil which is derived from pig sperm and used in inductions in the hospital. Also orgasm can stimulate contractions. Lay in bed for 30 minutes after having intercourse for the sperm to set on your cervix.

Exercise-Exercises that use gravity such as walking, hula dancing, belly dancing, etc. can help apply pressure to the cervix, the baby to "drop" and get things going.

Bumpy Car Ride- This may sound like an old wives tale but if your baby isn't in a good position for labor (such as facing forward instead of facing down toward your back) this can help him get into a good position and apply pressure to the cervix. A friend of mine actually did this last week and was contracting by the time she got home!

Anonymous

• Acupressure- You can find the points on line that stimulate labor.

THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE USED ARE:

-Blue or Black Cohosh because they have been related to infant heart attack and severe bleeding during delivery

- Castor Oil because it can severely dehydrate the mother and cause the baby to release meconium which can cause very serious complications during delivery including death to your baby if it is not handled quickly enough and effectively.
    Anonymous

• ive tried all these "natural"ways to induce labor im now 5 days late and nothing worked so I guess baby will come when baby is ready unless they induce me before then!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• DONT USE A BUMPER CAR RIDE-ARE YOU STUPID ANON132- LETS JUST TELL HER TO GET ON A ROLLER COSTER-JEEZE~
    that can harm the baby-cause the plecenta to tear or rip off compleatly dont listen to that crock!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Can you READ???

That says Bumpy car ride (as is a ride down a bumpy road!!!) NOT Bumper car ride. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Anonymous

• It's called waiting. The baby will come when he/she is ready.
    LandonsMa0403

Answer by LandonsMa0403 at 2:48 PM on May. 19, 2009