A challenge

Ok so there is a lot of Obama bashing on this site…I personally voted for McCain but, I get a little sick of all the bashing of our president so I have a challenge for you….what is one thing Obama has done so far that is GOOD….no Obama bashing…if your answer is “nothing” please skip this question. Thank you!

My good thing is he reversed an executive order that refused the presence of the press when our fallen soldier's caskets arrive back into the country. The new order leaves the media coverage decision to the families of the fallen. This to me is a good thing because my best friend was killed in Iraq because he did not have the proper armor and his family wanted everyone to know but they were not allowed to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• btw my friend had spoken to his mother on the phone three days before he was killed and he was telling her that he was nervous about something he was going to have to do because he felt like his materials were not up to par....

Anonymous

• [So far] he intends to keep the Patriot Act in use.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• A small milestone, but an important one, OP. :) Sorry I can' t think of anything else perosnally, that I find of importance.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ummm uhhh.... ehhhh.... hmmmmm....

confused

Anonymous

• He keeps Marlboro tobacco farmers in business.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Figures some anon would come along and add her 2 cents that were specifically NOT asked for.

I voted for him and I agree with what you wrote OP about the coverage.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Today I read that he has asked for the immigration status to be checked on all prisoners in the country:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/19/crackdown-on-criminal-illegal-aliens-launched-by-barack-obama/

This is something even we conservatives can agree with.
    Anonymous

• Obama rescinded Bush’s 2001 executive order allowing former presidents, vice presidents, and their heirs to claim executive privilege in determining which of their records get released to the public. Even better, he’s requiring the signature of both his White House counsel and the attorney general before he can classify a document under executive privilege.
    Anonymous

• btw, I'm sorry about your friend dying in Iraq. I personally have one step son just returned, a son in law in Bosnia currently, and a son slated for Afghanistan later this year. I'm proud of my boys. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• One good thing....let me see....he kept his promise to his daughter to get a dog.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:31 PM on May. 19, 2009