What is the best vaccum cleaner you have used?

I have twin grands living with me and need a good vaccum (lots of allergies and asthma, plus everything they find goes in the mouth). I thought about a Dyson but don't want to spend the money until I know how good they are from someone who has used one. I am open to any suggestions, Please help!!!!

Have2Craft

Asked by Have2Craft at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If they have allergies and asthma, they would be better off if you got rid of the rugs/carpeting. You should also be using non-toxic cleaners (home made are cheapest); product like Lysol can trigger a bad asthma attack.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Here's an article about what vacuums are best for allergies:

http://naturalallergycures.net/2008/01/27/vacuum-cleaners-for-people-with-allergies/

Anonymous

• I have a Dyson and it is hands down the best vacuum I've ever used. It's even better than Electolux IMO.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I like my Kirby :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I have a Dyson and is by far the best, both of my children have asthma and I also have a Siberian husky who sheds like crazy. Mothers Day was a year that I have had it and it is still going strong. I have the purple one. PAY THE MONEY you will NOT regret it! It also has a 5 year warranty and if something fails it is covered 100%

determind

Answer by determind at 2:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my old purple pet dyson (7 years and never had a problem with it) until my husband traded it for a butt ugly 60s rejected scifi Kirby.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I have a dyson... Its really good about getting the stuff u can't see, but it leaves behind stuff u can. the wand works great, its just the reg beater bars on it aren't the best. After reading the other posts, I think I'm gonna send it back... I still luv it tho! :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I have a Hoover elite. this has a really strong suction and it's not expensive. less than $200.
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 1:13 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I only use Kirby.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:04 AM on May. 20, 2009