Is it better to take a prenatal vitamin in the morning or evening?

I've been taking them in the evening because they are harsh on my stomach... but i feel like it would benefit the baby more if I took in during the day.

AmyOmommy

Asked by AmyOmommy at 2:43 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I take it in the morning with breakfast :) Do you eat when you take it?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:44 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It doesn't matter when you take them. They are good for 24 hours and your baby is still growing even when your sleeping.

Just don't take them will milk because it will block the Iron.
    Anonymous

• I've read most babys are actually more active at night- when are bodies are relaxed and were sleeping, I personally take mine at night with a soda water and crackers, because it makes me sick as a dog...
    My doctor told me when they make you sick that you can take two flinstone vittamins and thats just as good as any prenatal!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Umm, it benefits the same I believe.. you still take them daily right?

I have to take them at night, or I am nauseous and will throw up during the day. I take them after dinner.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I take mine with orange juice in the evening right before bed.
    Anonymous

• yeah i've been taking them in the evening every night. When I was taking them in the day I was getting sick and throwing them up even if I ate with them...
    AmyOmommy

Answer by AmyOmommy at 3:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It doesn't matter when you take them. In fact I think it's a better idea to take them in the evening. Less chance of puking them back up.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I always took mine at bed time, then if there were any side effects(nausea) i would sleep through it.
    Reds1974

Answer by Reds1974 at 1:09 PM on May. 22, 2009