LABOR

im 37 weeks preg, and i have terrible backaches, im not sure if its contractions though..how do u tell?..i thought i might b thining caz my bf and i had intercourse and i bled red all night (not alot) and then in the morning it was brown.my doc said it was normal

gnabamommy

Asked by gnabamommy at 2:55 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is very normal to bleed after intercourse and your doc is right as long as its not too much its not too big of a deal. Let me ask, do you sleep on your back at night or on your side? Try to sleep on your side, when you sleep on your back it causes the baby to rest on the nerves in the spine sometimes causing back pain. Now to defferintiate between "back labor" and back pain is pretty easy.. Back labor will be shocking breath taking short pains that dont last long but continually return, a dull continuous pain in the back at 37 weeks is very normal. As always mention it to your obgyn but if its managable with a little tylenol i wouldnt worry too much and if you arent sleeping on your side try that.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 2:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm jealous that you make it to 37 weeks before the back aches set in! Don't worry, when it's labor you'll know it.
    Anonymous

• is it a canstant backache or does it hurt then go away? is ur stomach gettin hard? i had back labor with all 3 of mine
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 2:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• you'll know when it's labor. Backaches at 37 weeks is very normal!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Trust us when we say-you CANT mistake Labor- and Im 27 weeks with my second and I have the WORST back pain in the world right now! lOl lucky girl!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:03 PM on May. 19, 2009