Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ice cream truck

Anyone know if you need a business license to run an ice cream truck[not an employee,an owner]? I have these crazy trash neighbors who bought a truck and I was wondering if they were technically doing it illegally.Who would buy from THEM is beyond me! They'll probably end up poisioning a kid one of these days! I need to know the legal aspect before I say anything to the authorities.


Asked by TMJ121099 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 7 (186 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • contact you local city hall; chances are that they need a city business licence, a sanitation license and a state resale license and should be filing state sales tax returns monthly

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on May. 20, 2009

  • I would like so since they are handling food.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • It depends upon your states regulations but most require a food handler's permit or an inspection by the health dept. You could call your local health dept. to find out. They should also need a business license for whatever area they work in. My dh has to get one for whatever city he works in (he does commercial refrigeration).

    Answer by Sue41 at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • They are technically only reselling food right? Does someone need one to own a vending machine? I know you need a tax id number and need to register a business name but beyond that Im not sure.

    Answer by ria7 at 3:15 PM on May. 19, 2009