need some advice

im a new mom and it seems like the only way i can get my 1 month old to sleep is by breastfeeding him. is this normal? he doesn't like pacifiers and anything else i try he just seems to cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes! This is normal. Babies are supposed to nurse to sleep. Don't listen to tell anyone who tells you that you are creating bad habits and baby needs to learn to fall asleep on her own and "self soothe". That is all nonsense!
    Enjoy the calmness and cuddling of nursing your baby to sleep. It is a great tool, use it well!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• At one month old he will deffinitely want a full belly before bed time. If you are feeding him and he wont stay asleep for at least too hours or so I let my little man cry for about five minutes before I would go back and check on him.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 3:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Its normal and healthy. My dd is 9 months and still likes to nurse to sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't let a one month old cry. She may be hungry moe often than two hours. Just nurse her when she wants.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2009