Bedrest Suggestions?

I got put on bedrest today at 35 weeks due to possible Toxemia. Do you have any ideas on how to pass the time?

kmoore09

Asked by kmoore09 at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One thing I did was pick a tv series that I never got into but wanted to and went and rented by the season...and just started watching! I also read a few books...which I never do. The other thing I started doing was planning a few things out in advance...like planning some dinner ideas that were easy after baby came. Good luck and try to rest, it is advised for a reason!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well first check out the website http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/

It has a TON of information on Toxemia and how to prevent it and possible reverse it. It's a WEALTH of information. I've been devoering the website!

Second:
    -Get LOTS of magazines
    -Lots of movies
    -Coloring Books
    -Crafts that can be done in bed
    -Write letters to your baby (something you can leave for him when you pass or give to him at a certain age about what your feeling and how much you love him or her)

GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous

• I was put on bed rest for about the same amount of time during my pregnancy with my now 7 year old. I would watch movies of course and then when that got boring, I started writing letters to my baby. Letting her know what had gone on around her while I was pregnant with her: Sept 11 and things like that. It was such a sweet thing to start. Now, that she is 7, I have an envelope that I put her letters in (that I still randomly write) to give to her when she gets married or has a baby. And when that gets sentimental and you start to cry ( and you will ).....take a nap with a heating pad set on low on your back. DO NOT eat snacks with a bunch of sodium!! You will swell terrribly since you are not moving around. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 3:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Nintendo DS, crosswords, read a book, I love the watch a TV series on DVD idea. I hope all goes well!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I read or slept I have been bedridden since I was 25 weeks
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2009