Somebody please give me hope

I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant, unable to work due to health problems and I'm living with my mom for the time being. My SO called the other day talking about how he hates me, wants to punch me in the face and how I'm a stupid b*tch and he wants to go sleep with every girl he sees. All because he started getting snappy with me and I told him not to yell at me. I told him to disappear, I want nothing to do with him and he showed up at my door apologizing. Stupid me, let him in, talked about it and told him to never do it again. Well, today, I'm sick. He wanted me to come pick him up but I'm not in a position to drive. Keep in mind, he literally lives a 3-4 minute walk from my house. He got pissy because he wants to sit at home and play XBOX or come over here and play mine and I won't pick him up. So, he started getting snappy and I told him again, DON'T YELL AT ME. He started cursing, calling me a stupid b*tch again, CONT..

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Everything will be ok without him! You need someone that will care for you as much as you care for them and also for your child! You don't want to raise your child in an abusive home, which it sounds like it would be if you stayed with this guy. Think about that!!! hopefully it will help you not fall for his apologies again. Your focus right now needs to be on your and babies health. there are alot of government programs that can help you while you get started on your own. Since your living at your moms house it sounds like you have a good family support there. You are better than him, and he doesn't deserve you. Good luck, and I hope things will work out for you.
    There are also lots of home based businesses, where you take inbound/outbound calls for companies. That way you can work from home, in bed during the pregnancy.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• that I'm immature, he's done with this pregnancy bullshit and games, and that he will beat my ass..ALL BECAUSE I CAN'T PICK HIM UP AND TOLD HIM NOT TO YELL AT ME!
    basically..I don't know what to do..He's basically turned into a monster..I don't know what to do about him or about raising my child alone without being able to work right now..Should I suck it up and go against my doctors and work so that I can afford my daughter on my own? I do know that I don't want him back, as much as I love him, I know he doesn't love me. If he did, why would he talk to me like that?
    I know he'll come around with the same old apologies and I don't want to fall for them again but I also don't know if I have the strength to resist him..What is wrong with him?!?! What can I do??? I need to know that everything will be ok without him..=/
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• WALK AWAY!!!! For your sake as well as your baby's...don't allow an abusive man in your life. Get away and stay away. Can you live with your mom until you're able to get on your feet?
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes, my only concern is being able to afford the baby. I know I have a great support system at my moms and she would never let her granddaughter go without anything, I just don't want her to feel like I'm taking advantage of that. I've been independent and on my own since I was 17=/ It's just hard for me to depend on people but I know that I have to depend on my mom during this.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You do not need to deal with that. Ecspecially while pregnant. The baby feels your stress too. you don't need a man to be a good mom.- stay with your mom as long as you need to, moms are usually the best support system you can find. Your baby will thank you. Be strong.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• First of all if you don't respect yourself no one else will. Secondly, are you stupid, are you a b*tch? Think about the answeer you just gave, if its no then why are you allowing your unborn child to hear this, and if think they cannot you are wrong? Ever wonder why certain songs or phases you only played while the baby is in the tummy, they somehow love. Love, respect and know who you are and what you deserve. If you have a girl do you want her to have a man tht talks to her like he talks to you. Think about it, are you that needy of this man? What is he now doing for you besides making you feel opposite of what you need to be feeling while caring life?
    firewoman1977

Answer by firewoman1977 at 3:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I would stay with your mom. dont worry about her thinking you are taking advantage of her help, just make sure she knows you appreciate it. Other than that your guy needs to take a hike!! I cant believe hes the one whose being immature and being a stupid bitch. I would think about what it would be like when the baby is crying in the middle of the night, if hes getting angry over not being picked up how is he gonna react to sleepless nights... he could possibly hurt your baby if you stay with him
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well definitely don't get back together with him. I know its easier said than done. You really should go and get a restraining order. Make sure you have documentation on file of his threats of violence because right now they may just be words but I've heard of many men reaching a breaking point when the woman actually terminates the relationship. As far as financial support, I know that if it were my daughter I would support her during her pregnancy and make sure she got what she needed, then when the baby is old enough she could go back to work. You should also get child support from the baby's father which would help out. Does your mom work or stay home? Would she be willing to babysit for you after the baby is born so that you could go to work (and have you pay her?) it would be more cost effective for you to stay with your mom til you get on your feet, paying half the bills and food budget.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• oh my god girl!!! LEAVE!!! That is all i have. Why would you want to stay w a man like that?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Everything will be okay. It's hard raising a child alone I'm sure, but you can do it. My Mom raised 4 kids without one penny from my Father. She found work in a daycare so that I'd have a safe place to be, and she worked there too. She managed to feed and clothe us with zero help from anyone.
    You can do it too
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:16 PM on May. 19, 2009