ovulating?

My husband and I have decided to start trying for baby number two. We don't want to use an ovulation test because we feel that would be to much pressure. What are some physical signs that I am ovulating that I can watch for?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Look for EWCM (egg white cervical mucus). It's clear and stringy; you can stretch it between your thumb and forefinger without it breaking.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My personal advice is this, relax... it will happen only when you are relaxed, your body knows when you are trying too hard. The day you start your period, if it is the 5th, count the 5thand count 14 days that should be the 18th, three days before the 18th and three days after,but especially the 18th, do it, you will be so pregnant, yeah its alot of days, but this is the system that has worked for me, I have 3 children!!!!!!!!!!!!
    firewoman1977

Answer by firewoman1977 at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know that when I ovulate, I get some stringy clear mucus. Go to www.yourdays.com. It charts when you're most likely to ovulate based on your period cycle.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Or www.fertilityfriend.com.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You usualy ovulate 10 to 14 days after the first day of your period. Good luck and hope you get a little one soon =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• when i tried to get pregnant nothing happened then i stopped trying and got pregnant just relax and have sex is all u can really do
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• What 1smartcookie said. I noticed it best with the egg white CM. other little signs is some women have mid cycle cramps. Sorta like your getting your period, when infact your ovulatling. Also you may feel your breasts are slightly tender. I think your absoutely right not to waste money on ovulation test kits, it's better to not have so much pressure. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on May. 20, 2009