Do you think that students should be given the opportunity of...

rating their teachers?

What about literally passing a survey for students to score teacher's performance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. But it needs to be something where they can't 'bash' a teacher just b/c they don't like that teacher for personal reasons. So it really can't be anonymous. I have no idea how to go about setting it up, but it sounds like a great plan. I know a lot of college students use RateMyProfessor to choose their teachers. It's kind of the same thing.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 3:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know they do that in college....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes I do think students should be able to rate teachers, teaching style and the class overall. Every university I have ever gone to has done that for every class at the end of the semester.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes! And in elementary school the parents should also get to give a review.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• There is actually a website where you can go to rate your teachers.

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/

Anonymous

• My child's school sends a survey home every year.
    Anonymous

Sorry If I'm mistaken I'm not talking about school performance survey. I'm talking about a individual student survey where solely the student can rate her teacher. OP
    Anonymous

• Sorry about the typos. OP
    Anonymous

• I think its a good idea, my teachers did that when I was in high school though
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I hated this when I was teaching. The students could say whatever they wanted and it went in my record. One (adult) student said I spent all my time teaching a select few, which was completely untrue, and I wrote a rebuttal and insisted that it be filed in my records. Then when I taught dance at the college I'd have 3 who said I was great teacher, 3 who said I taught too slow, and 3 who said I taught too fast. I could never please everybody.

Answer by Bmat at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2009