What to do with my one year old boy?

I am a stay at home mom to my 11 month old son Tripp. I am trying to get the most out of it and want to give him everything about a one on one. Im not sure on daily activities to expand his mind more. I want more of a schedule for him that teaches him as we play. If anyone can give me an example of what your schedule is with your child I would really appreciate it! Im kinda stuck. I have worked with older children but not sure about a one year old! Please help!!! Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would do whatever he wants. At this stage he is learning no matter what he is doing. I let Brazen take his time to figure out how to even get the toys out of the toy box. Just be there to say what he is touching so he begins associating things with words. But at this age dont overload him with too many activities. Not only will he not absorb a whole lot but he doesnt have the attention span for anything too extensive.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 3:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't have a big schedule, but these are some things I do with my daughter:

In the tub, sing the alphabet song to her.
    Changing her clothes, I count to her.
    I bought magnetic alphabet letters for $1 at wal-mart, to put on the fridge. While I'm cooking she plays with tthem. Even though I'm not saying every letter, she sees them and can start getting acquainted with them.
    I bought bubbles and blow them for my daughter, and she pops them.
    We go for walks and talk about the sounds we hear.
    We play on the baby slide.
    I take her to look at the flowers.
    I got a pan of water with a couple inches of water in it with some toys for her to splash her hands in outside, so she can enjoy that and the sun and the breeze.

Everything you do can be a learning experience. Every object you walk by can be identified by tall, short, blue, red, green, round, long, fat, skinny...etc. Don't overwhelm yourself. Your baby will learn.
    Anonymous