What are some good things to do to play with an 11 wk old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would do whatever he wants. At this stage he is learning no matter what he is doing. I let Brazen take his time to figure out how to even get the toys out of the toy box. Just be there to say what he is touching so he begins associating things with words. But at this age dont overload him with too many activities. Not only will he not absorb a whole lot but he doesnt have the attention span for anything too extensive.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 3:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my son loved peek-a-boo ! when he was about 6 m/o he started initiating the game with us!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• black and white imagine -- hold close to face, slowly pull away. Google it. I think baby center has some good ideas too. The one I mentioned is based on focus and contrast.
    Anonymous

• image not imagine. sorry.
    Anonymous

• I talk to her and make faces, she really likes that. Recently I started playing a musical plush toy for her and trying to get her to hold rattles. She doesn't play so much as just look around interested. She likes books but has a short attention span. Also, tummy time is a big one but she seems to hate it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Sing!
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 5:04 PM on May. 21, 2009