Tanning lotion w/ tingle!!! Got it on my 6month old!

I just got back from tanning and my lil girl wouldnt stop crying so I picked her up and she layed her head on my chest where I had the tingle lotion and her lil cheek is all red! What will this do to her? I washed her face off but its still red. Tell me im not the only one that has done this! She gonna be ok?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure others have. I used to work at a tanning bed. I have worn the tingle and you know it burns you right..so its probably burning her a little. If you can get some cool aloe vera gel (No Ad has good stuff) and keep putting that on here and there. It will cool it off. And you can call your pedi just to make sure there isn't anything else you need to do which I'm sure there isn't. That stuff wears off fairly quickly.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• She'll be fine. put some cortizone cream on her cheek and wash it really good with soap and water first
    Anonymous

• Your fine honey. The active ingredient that makes the tanning lotion tingle is called Niacin, it basically brings the red blood vessels to the top of the skin. I wouldnt suggest letting your little one have a whole lot of exposure to it but this one time is deffinitely not going to hurt her. and the redness is just the blood vessels coming to the top of the skin. It will go away in about four hours. If it doesnt go away in about five hours call and see if the doc wants to see her because it might be an allergic reaction and not just the Niacin.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 3:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Put aloe vera on it, that is what I used when I used that stuff, it cooled it off.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 4:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• DONT PUT WATER ON IT!!! i worked at a tanning salon and had to take many classes and had to be certified. water re-activates tingle and will cause the pain to come again. since i have had my son i havent used tingle simply for the fact it will set his little ass on fire if i touch him
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2009