whats the hardest part of being a mom

In your opinion- what is it. Mines probably not knowing whats wrong when they cry, (when they can't talk) it makes me want to cry right along with her. i don't though of course.

casd

Asked by casd at 3:55 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Other than trying to get out of bed some mornings.....

It was when my 5 week old was in the PICU and I couldn't make it better. He had to do it on his own. Then, almost 2 years later same son had to have surgery on both eyes.

The hardest thing in general about motherhood....trying to do what is best for them and wondering if it's enough.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i have to name just one thing??
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• For me the hardest part is watching them go through a hard time and not being able to help them, it could be when she's laying in the hospital bed hooked to an IV or seeing her best friend break her heart and not being able to fix it.
    Anonymous

• oh anon- i know it just tuggs at you heart strings huh. Maybe i should say yanks at your heart strings. seeing your poor baby hurting from anything sucks.
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Having to be scared all the time, someone will take him, and if something bad will happen in the future, I want to protect my son so bad and sometimes I feel like I can't and if makes me sad.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i dont like it when someone hurts my son. his grandma watches a little boy in the mornings on weekdays and he hits and pushes my son who is only 9 months and this other little boy is like 3. he wont stop even when i try to get him to. i hate it! i dont like it when he cries and i cant do anything to help him, like if he is sick or something. all i can do is to give him meds and cuddle him and thats never enough. i dont like it when my son gets hurt at all. and like nicholeAT said, i dont like worrying about if someone is going to take his when he gets older or something
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 4:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Doing things that make them unhappy, even though it is necessary. That's why I never made a threat that I wouldn't be able to carry through. If they lied about where they were, then they lost a privilege- it made them mad, but that was the arrangement.

Answer by Bmat at 4:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The hardest part is definitely when they are hurt whether it is physically or mentally.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

• not being able to be their best friend all the time!!! Someone has to stand their ground and you cant always be their bestest friend in the whole wide world! Darn it!!!
    That is just one thing, I could name many more! How about one for each child we have? LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Balance. Balancing work and play, balancing discipline and love.
    Anonymous