pro-life/religion/souls in the unborn?

i know many moms on here are pro-life, a lot of the reason being that they believe the unborn have a soul already. what is your religion if you have one, and what does your belief system teach you about what happens to your soul? i see a lot of people crying for the poor babies bodies, but what about their souls?

allybot

Asked by allybot at 4:09 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in reincarnation and karma. I believe an aborted fetuses soul will find a new home. JMO!
    Anonymous

• I don't see why people cry over bodies, it's an empty corpse!! I think people should be happy that their soul isn't on earth, I like to say Hell is on Earth, so they should be happy they're with God!!
    Anonymous

• I believe in reincarnation & karma too anon 4:10. I also believe that the unborn soul will find another home. I also believe the person who had the abortion will accrue bad karma for not following through with her duties as being a mother to that child. That is going against Dharma....BAAAD KARMA!

But, my religion teaches that as soon as the egg meats the sperm..a soul is ceated.

That's a good question by the way. Thanks for asking it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• good answers.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 4:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It is not the babies bodies I cry over it's just sad that we live in a world where mother feel like there is no other amswer but to kill their unborn child
    Anonymous

• oops didn't mean to answer anon
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes, samurai chica but what if that fetus was aborted because it was paying it's karmic debt? Not trying to start an argument, but that could be.
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian and I am pro-life. I personally believe that we have a soul from the moment of conception. I base this on the verse from Jeremiah that says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5 and the verse from Psalm 139: 16 "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When [as yet there were] none of them."

There are many references in the Bible to the different people's personalities and struggles being evident in the womb (Jacob and Esau, and others). I feel like when a baby dies in the womb from abortion or even miscarriage that person loses there shot at life here and goes directly to be with the Lord.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I believe that we are a soul not that there is a separate ghostly thing that people call your soul, I don't believe humans have an immortal soul, we are moral and when you die you are no longer in existence, without the resurrection that Jesus taught about we would not ever live again, that's also why I don't believe that God eternally torments people in hell because the Bible says that the dead are not conscious of anything, no thoughts no feelings...Ecc 9:5, 10
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• so cinnamon, what is so terrible about being with the lord? wouldnt that be better than being unwanted or parents not having the means for a child?
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 5:22 PM on May. 19, 2009