It still doesn't seem real...

It may seem silly, but I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I still can't believe I'm having a baby! I've got the nursery set up and everything but I still can't picture myself going through labor and actually having my son, lol I know it should have hit me by now but it still seems so UNREAL!!! Anyone else feel this way? like OMG I'm gonna be a Mom, but he still doesn't seem to hit home ?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 4:11 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly what you mean. It never really hit me. Even after I had my daughter I was like "Is she really MINE?" lol I don't know that there is a time when it hits home, I guess, until the baby never leaves. lol
    Anonymous

• honey, i know how you feel. i was the same way. it took a couple months after i had my son for it to kick in that i was a mom. it was so weird to hear people say. it was so weird for people to tell me happy mothers day. it took a long time to sink in with me and now i am so happy its unreal. i am so glad that i had him its unbelievable
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 4:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I was the same way. Trust me, it'll hit you. It may take until labor starts or even the first time you hold him :). Enjoy this time. and congrats!
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I actually can't believe I went threw it I kind of feel like it was all a dream, my son is going to be 3 and I sometimes still can't believe I pushed him out LOL!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am right there with you. I am 29 wks and every time my belly pops I hits me then it goes away again. I also have the nursey set up and keep buying things for him. Just imagine how daddy feels at least we get to feel them kick!
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 4:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes! I feel exactly the same way. I am amazed each time I look down at the belly or feel my son move. We had tried for 2 years without success, and right when we gave up, we got pregnant. It is truly surreal. I cry little tears of joy whenever I go in for an ultrasound and see his litle body moving.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It'll hit when those contractions start coming, lol....but I was like that too with my first son...it was so unreal and then after he was born I was so happy to see the stranger that had been living in me and eatin my food, lol....but it will all start to settle in shortly
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 4:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I felt the SAME way! And my son is six months today..and I'm still in AWE, that hubby and I not only CREATED that life...but I carried him and nurished him for NINE months...and then gave BIRTH to him...it's crazy...and childbearing truely is amazing.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I feel the same way about this pregnancy (second one). I have a 17 month old daughter who keeps me very busy and I'm 38 weeks pregnant with a boy. My husband and I still haven't decided on a name...and the house isn't as organized as I would like it to be. I'm in the nesting phase badly right now. I just can't believe I'm pregnant and it's almost over. Crazy.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:32 PM on May. 19, 2009