eating slower?

my boyfriend told me if you eat slower it prevents you from eating too much. is that true?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• YES! I eat WAY too fast. It takes a certain time for your body AND brain to realize it's not hungry anymore. Average is about 20 min. If you force yourself to chew your food good, & eat slower you will realize that you put less food in your body by the time your brain realizes their is food in your tummy and your full. Get it?

If you eat too fast, you can actually put away A LOT of food before your brain realizes that it's not hungry anymore. So yeah, eat slower! It's also good for your digestive tract as well.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Your body takes a lot of time to register that it is full. If you eat slower, you are likely to reach that realization before you have overeaten. And always eat just until you aren't hungry, not until you are full.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• that all makes sense. but what if the food is just so darn tasty ya can't get enough! that's my problem. i love to eat, and it shows!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 11:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• www.slowfood.com
    www.slowfoodusa.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 AM on May. 20, 2009