When do you...

Im 33 weeks with my first, and i was told around this time you start to lactate. Does it depend on the woman or does it happen to everyone. When does it usually start to happen?

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 4:23 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I started at 22 weeks actually-it was just colostrum, I think it depends on the woman and when I had him MAN did I have alot of milk....drink LOTS of water it helps the milk come in
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i started really early with my first... but im due june 22nd and im still not lactating. so i think its different for each woman and each pregnancy... Good luck and congrats sweety!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 4:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It is different with everybody, I didn't start til a few hours after dd was born.
    Anonymous

• I started leaking colostrum (pre-milk) at just 21wks. It varys for everyone, and some don't leak at all until baby is born, just one of thoes things.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:52 PM on May. 19, 2009