For Twilight fans:

If you read the book before watching the movie...is Rob Pattinson what you pictured for Edward? Is Kristen Steward how you pictured Bella? I did't picture Edward looking like Rob, and I'm not sure he is the PERFECT Edward, but not bad. Kristen looks just like I pictured Bella though. Who would you have cast in those roles for the movie? In other words, who is your Edward and Bella?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:26 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I heart boys that sparkle!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• LOL!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree that Bella was like perfect for that roll, as for edward humm thats a tuff one-I actually saw someone a little softer to play that role-he had the sexy mysterious thing down, but i pictured his face being softer
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The only one I thought matched the book was Alice, Jasper looked kind of right but I thought he would be blonder and I didn't envision him with the freaky staring eyes.
    I'm not sure who I would have cast for any of the roles though.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen posters and ads and whatnot. I think Bella was portrayed well, but I am not really sure about Edward. I didn't have any famous in mind, but the person I created in my head was a bit more gentle looking. The idea of what he was with his appearance was such a stark contrast in my head that I created someone that looked like he could never harm anyone if that makes sense. Does anyone know when Midnight Sun may be released?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• For Mom1Stepmom

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
    redstarrbaby

Answer by redstarrbaby at 4:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I also thought Edward should be played by someone with a bit of a softer appearance. Yes, he is a sexy vampire or whatever, but I think Rob's face is just a little bit too angular for the role.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I didn't like either one of them in the movie. I can't really say who I would have preferred over them, but he was nothing like I imagined and something about her just rubs me the wrong way. Of course, I didn't really like Bella in the books either, so I guess maybe she was perfect after all.
    Anonymous

• I didn't like Kirsten Stewart as Bella.. the "look" was fine but I think she is an awful actress... I guess I didn't picture Bella as inarticulate & emotionally withdrawn as she is in the movie.. I didn't think I was going to like Rob as Edward.. but I thought he did a great job of capturing who he was in the book, even if his "look" wasn't quite on target with what I had pictured... I have no idea who I would have cast instead though!

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 5:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm not a fan of Robert Pattinson. He's entirely to arrogant, and he's not even close to what I pictured edward as. I dont think he does Edward justice. I think they casted bella well when it comes to looks, but I think they could have found a better actress. I cant really say who I would have casted but I KNOW it wouldnt be RP.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:04 PM on May. 19, 2009