What do you think about this, am I wrong

Today is my guys birthday I finally got a baby sitter and have a night planned for us, and I don't want to go, well I do want to be with my guy but I really just want to go home to me little boy. I feel bad about it because I love my guy and it is his birthday and we don't get to go out alot, am I wrong for feeling this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, maybe a little bit. It's probably not very often that you get to spend time alone with your man.
    Anonymous

• learn to balance them both. they both rock! Be fair and he might give you another son!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, look at it this way. If your husband planned a night out for the 2 of you & then decided he wants to call it off. How would you feel? Personally, I know my Husband loves me & our daughters. But still, you can spend time with your son alot more than you can with your husband ALONE!!!!
    QueenOfNagsHead

Answer by QueenOfNagsHead at 4:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It is natural to feel very drawn to your child and very involved with him. Here is a chance to sparkle for your guy and make him remember why he fell in love with you. It is important that you do so. Since you are so involved with your child, your man may be wondering if you still care about him as much as you used to. Go out with him, enjoy his company, be at your happiest and most loving and attentive to your guy. You'll both return home refreshed and ready to go on with your lives.

Answer by Bmat at 4:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No, you aren't wrong. But you should go, and try to have fun. I'm sure your son will have a good time. It is all about balance. It sounds like you feel guilty about leaving your son with a sitter. Don't, it's a good thing for him.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• 2 words...........Mom Guilt!

No matter what we do for other people in our lives, we still always feel the need to give more. We feel selfish for taking time for ourselves and can always seem to find an excuse as to why someone else needs something more than we do...

I say, let your guilt go!! I'm sure you are a great mom and spend quality time with your boy (or else you wouldn't even be worried about the time you are planning away from him)...so, just accept the fact that its OK to do something for YOU once in a while! (even if its "for" the boyfriend...its a grown up night where you know you'll have fun too)

Go for it and have FUN!!!!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:01 PM on May. 19, 2009