Why am I not hungry?

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and thankfully doing a lot better than I was in the beginning. As long as I keep something in my stomach I'm good. I usually snack a little during the day (crackers, fruit, etc) but I'm never really starving. Shouldn't I be constantly hungry at this point?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 4:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it all depends on how u ate before you were pregnant, because if you are like me I snack all day long and when it's time to eat dinner I don't be all that hungry.
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 4:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• when i was 17 weeks i still wasnt really hungry or starving i ate a few small meals and that was it didnt even really crave foods and im still that way at 28 weeks so i wouldnt worry about it
    MarineWife09

Answer by MarineWife09 at 4:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Not really I'm never really hungery and I'm 31 weeks. Lately I forget to eat in the morning b/c I'm not hungery and all of a sudden I feel like I'll puke if I don't eat RIGHT now. Otherwise I snack sometimes or just don't eat until my son says he's hungery and we get a little something. I've been this way my whole pregnancy.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think it depends on the person...I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and surprise if I eat more than 1 full meal a day so I have to force myself to snack. My doctor told me to increase my carb and fat intake because I haven't gained any weight. I am not a junk food eater but I eat way less now that I am preggo then when I wasn't. Pregnancy does weird things to you. I think if you're snacking a couple of times a day you're doing good. Just try to get in a good meal.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Luvmyfam6, it has changed. I used to love snacking and now I don't eat nearly as much as I did. I have moments where I can polish off a plate but most of the time I end up leaving food. I think in these 4 months I've gained 3 pounds, not to mention Ilost weight in the beginning due to dehydration.
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 4:52 PM on May. 19, 2009