How many of you feel like you dont get to spend enough quality time with your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do, I work and go to school and clean , and by the time I get to spend with my son I am so tired I don't want to do anything but sleep, I hate it I want to do more things I wish I had the energy!!!
    Anonymous

• I know I don't, but I try. My house is usually a wreck because after working all day I'd rather play with my kids then sweep and after they go to bed I'm ready to crash myself.
    Anonymous

• I think I do. I work full time and extra during tax season but I make the most of the time we do have together. We clean together and visit with family and play dates. I don't want anyone to think that I don't get enough quality time with her just becuase she is in daycare. We have a great bond.
    Anonymous

• i feel like i dont..between, work, preschool, cleaning, errands, making dinner, everything...theres no time..in the summer its fine, because i do alot less cleaning in the summer, and cooking is more so just bbqing..but during the winter/rainy season which where i live is from oct-june..i find that i do more cleaning just cuz i hate sitting around, and theres nothin really to do where we live
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I do and I don't. I work with someone who leaves her kid with a sitter every night to go on dates, to parties, etc., leaves her with sitters all weekend to go out, stuff like that, so compared to her, I'm like Mom of the Year. But, in reality, I get to spend about 3 hours a day with them during the week, and at least two hours of that is dealing with homework, cooking dinner, bathing, and trying to get some cleaning done. The school wants us to read to the kids all the time, I only get to read to them at bedtime, and I feel bad then, but when they want to play Candyland or Operation, and we've only got an hour or so until bed, I can't bring myself to say no. Summer is easier on us, b/c no homework. We grill A LOT, so dinner isn't as "hands-on" as it is otherwise, so I can spend a bit more time with them that way, too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think I get to spend enough time with my son, but pretty much all the time we have together is quality. Like Anon 343 said, I used to spend my weekends cleaning and doing stuff around the house, but now it's all about my son. I clean when he naps but otherwise, we're hangin' out and playin'!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 6:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

• When I am with my son I am one hundred percent present and with him. We play, read, ect... He helps to cook. When I work or am not with him I don't feel guility because the time we have together is wonderful.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I spend quality time with my almost 13 yr old alomst everyday. We talk all the time, play Wii or watch a movie or favorite tv show. It's not about how much time you spend with a child, it's about the quality of the time you spend with your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on May. 19, 2009