Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok seriously Im embarrassed and need help!! TMI!

Ok so the other day I was really itchy down there. Well the itch was above the clit area. The curve of the upper lip I guess. Kinda between the upper lip going into the soft sensative skin area. Well I itched it. And ever since yesterday it has a burning like sensation. And now there is 3 or 4 white bumps. Wondering if it is whitish because its a wetter area and cant scab over the way a normal wound would. I am freaking out!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • It may be a yeast infection. Since you don't know what it is, make an appointment with your gyn and find out just what it is and how to treat it and how to avoid it in the future.

    Answer by Bmat at 4:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • It wasnt a constant itch. Just one of those itches that would drive you INSANE if you didnt scratch it right away. I have only had 2 infections that I was aware of in my life. So I dunno. I made an appt. But they can't get me in there for 3 weeks.. So thats why I am asking.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • You should see you gyno. Odds are, it is a yeast infection or a slight case of bacterial vaginosis. However, you should see your doctor just for a treatment plan.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • clean the area well, and dry well. try applying some neosporin or another antibacterial ointment. Not a lot, just a little. You probably tore the skin a little. And call the doctor office back, there is no way they can expect you to wait 3 friggin weeks with something like that. Could you imagine going even a week with a yeast infection?

    Answer by Buffie95 at 4:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • Make sure to keep yourself extra clean in the next few weeks. It could just be that the itch was an itch, it happens. Then you scratching it irritated a little bit. But keep yourself clean and if the itch continues, you can use witch hazel pads to sooth it so you don't continue to irritate it more.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • Sometimes you can get yeast infections on the outside of your vagina, rather than inside. It's treated basically withthe same stuff, just rub it on the outside. If it keeps it up, go get some yeast infection cream specifically for the outside of your vagina. Then keep the appt. with the doc in 3 weeks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.