what do you think of the name...?

My boyfriend and i are expect our first child we are due to have a boy sept. 23, my BF is originally from Ukraine so we decided if we had a boy we would do a traditional ukranian/russian name so we decided on Yuriy (ur-ee) which is also his dad's name we both love the name and i love that its unique what do u think?

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 4:47 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I LOVE it!!!! What if you have a girl?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Alena if its girl but he is 100% a boy lol
    1mama2B

Answer by 1mama2B at 5:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I like it. My husband and I had a hard time deciding on a name for our second boy, and I wanted to use a Chinese name (my husband is half chinese) but he refused. He wanted him to have an American name, so that's what we went with.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I really like it :)
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I really think it is cute. However if you love it that is all that matters!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• im not a fan myself-but I am the least cultured person you'll ever meet! Lol GOOD LUCK HON!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I like it. I would personall not choose it. But I love the explanation and names grow on you. Soon your little Yuriy will look and fit into his name. I do love the spelling of it. I wonder what you picked as a middle name. I like Yuriy Alexander. But that is just me. Congrats! And traditional cultural names are awsome. Stick to it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• middle name is going to be roman after my BF
    1mama2B

Answer by 1mama2B at 2:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I love it. Very nice.
    Paulah76

Answer by Paulah76 at 3:31 AM on May. 20, 2009