Does your hubby take care of you

when you are sick? Flareups of any kind of pain etc? Errrrr mine does not and it hurts me emotionally and he knows it. Gosh...i deserve better how do I help him change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Honey... men are men! They dont care about us like we care about them! I dont know why, or what is wrong with them! My man doesnt really take care of me either when I am sick or whatever! I got used to it though! I just dont take care of him when he is sick either! He has a mother for that! Especially if he wont take care of me!!!
    WOMEN are the caring ones, if a man was as caring as us women, he just might swing the other way, if you know what I mean! Men are about dirt, trucks and tools... us women are about loving, caring for our families, and shopping! Its sad to say but that is how men are! They dont have the WONDERFULNESS that us women do! They can only be sweet and care for us, if we MAKE them!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Maybe he doesn't know he is supposed to or doesn't know what to do. It took my doctor talking to my husband and telling him that I shouldn't do this or that before it made an impression on him, and now he does step in and help with things. And if he doesn't do what is needed, I "suggest" to him that this or that needs to be done would he be able to do it. So my advice, anyway, is to don't take for granted that he'll know what is expected or needed, tell him in a nice way.

Answer by Bmat at 4:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i also agree with BMAT... a man has to be told something to do... in a suggesting way in order to get things done! I once was reading a book that talked about how much men are like dogs! LOL It is kinda true! You gotta order them around to get things done!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:55 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My hubby does take care of me, but it does take awhile. First he goes threw a period of time where he is mad, because he doesn't know how to make me feel better (especially if I'm in pain), but after a little bit, he will make me lay down in our room, he'll keep the kids busy, and check on me every now and then, bring me medicine or pain killers & food, sometimes he will bring in my laptop or the extra TV for me to watch. That is the extent of it, but it helps~
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 4:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• sxc mom of 2 u r so right. my hubby said maybe that's why there r so many gays because only they understand each other.
    Anonymous

• wow, that is sad. I realize now how lucky I am because my fionce babies me when i am sick. He'll even make dinner.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• worriedmommy you are blessed!!!
    Anonymous

• Mine is very good about taking care of me when he's home. If he knows I'm sick he'll take care of the kids and do everything while i rest. I have a very good man.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My hubby is actually great at taking care of me whether I am sick or not. He makes sure I take time for myself, he helps out when he is home, and when I am sick he will let me lay in our bed all day, he will bring me foods or drinks he thinks will help (normally he will cook for me because he cooks really well). If I have muscle pain, he does massage (because his mom is a massage therapist and she taught him how). Its AWESOME! I consider myself blessed!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I say we teach our (kids) boys to be compassionate too. my hubby will learn the hard way by hearing me go off once in a while. geezzzz I told care for him cuz I love him. its the norm
    Anonymous