I want to know what do you do with your kids during summer?

I am not sending my son (6 yrs old) and my daughter (4 yrs) out of home..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Lock them in the closet
    Anonymous

• Our library has a really cool summer reading schedule. They have so many activities, usually two per week. I am not sure if you mean you are keeping them inside, or if you mean you aren't sending them to camp or something. My son also does rec baseball and the summer adventure program offered by the rec district here. Other than that, we do a lot of crafts. You can look online for ideas!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• city pool, piano lessons, hiking, play with neighborhood kids, library, play in sprinkler, paint and other messy crafts outside.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Local YMCA day camp....
    Anonymous

• I took them swimming every day, to the library once a week, out to the shopping center and lunch once a week. Scouts. reading. They were expected to help in the vegetable garden for a while every morning- helping pick vegetables mainly.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My younger two will be taking swimming lessons once a week, the older will play baseball. (they're 5, 3 and 2 years old)

My oldest is also going to be doing Safety Town and two weeks of daycamp at the YMCA.

My youngest will still have speech therapy twice a week, and the middle OT twice a week.

I also have some festivals marked on the calendar for us to attend, there will be the county fair and trips to the zoo (we bought a membership)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Nothing. We don't plan anything for the summer. The kids are just free to do whatever they want. We open the pool and they spend most of it in there. The rest of the time they are riding bikes and playing with friends outside.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• All sorts of activites, swimming, beach, chuck e cheese's, park, vacation. I even have ideas for raining days and days when we're just staying in. Like flipping thru the surius music channels and having a dance off. I get down to my kids level, and they love it. We have a ps2 so we'll be looking for cheap games to buy and play all day. guitar hero. I love not having to deal with school stuff for 10 whole weeks!! YEAH!
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 4:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Summer reading programs at the library, $1 movies, & educational daycamps through local history museums & state parks.

We homeschool & are trying a new thing this year --continueing straight through summer. The summers here (in SE Texas) are miserable. Much too hot & humid for the kids to get outside during the day for long. I also have 2 that are allergic to mosquitoes --- another summer annoyance here --- so that rules out early morning or later afternoon play, too.

So, we are going to learn in the A/C this year & take our time off in the fall & spring when the weather is nice.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:41 PM on May. 22, 2009