Fake handbags....

Just read a journal that made me wonder... Why would you want to (knowingly) buy a fake bag or (knowingly) sell fake bags? Is it that people don't understand why it's illegal, what it supports or they just don't care?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 4:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• People sell them bc they make good money. People buy them bc they care about what others think and can't afford the real thing.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Most people can't afford the real ones. Besides who the heck would spend all that money on a hardbag for crying out loud!?!? You?
    Anonymous

• Anon, tons of people would. Why would you want a cheap knock off? So in other words you want to carry something with a "stolen label" but don't want to give credit to the artist? That's what you do when you buy or sell fakes. Not only that but you contribute to terrorist and other acts of counterfeiting. That's why it's illegal.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Anon I would spend all that money on a handbag, Why? Because I can and because I hate the fake stuff!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Some women (and men!) crave the designer label and the attention that they get from it. Obviously the real things are out of their price range so a knock off is better than nothing.
    I don't care about the legalities...Coach, Gucci, etc aren't hurtin'.
    Anonymous

• "I don't care about the legalities...Coach, Gucci, etc aren't hurtin'. "

You don't care about stealing? Or about helping out terrorists who counterfeit other things like food and medication that come into the U.S.? Think outside your box and see the bigger picture.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• "attention that they get from it."

A lot of people don't know this, but for anyone that has ever owned the real thing, they can spot a big fat fake in a heartbeat so people aren't fooling anyone but themselves.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• For those who said that they would rather buy a fake instead of paying for the real deal, what if you were a designer and someone was using your label and name on their knockoff product? It wouldn't be OK then, huh?
    vgmomof2grtkds

Answer by vgmomof2grtkds at 10:44 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I hate fake too but I found a way to get almost any bag for less legally . THe only one you can't is Louis Vutton becuase they never have sales.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:24 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Not to brag but I feel like if you really want a designer bag save until you can afford one. I do know that some ladies feel like while they like the look of a particular designer bag they have more important things to do with their money than buy a purse.

For me I make sacrafices all the time for my family and home that every once and a while I like to treat myself to something nice and my something nice happens to be Coach bags(I have 16). I just bought myself two new ones two weeks ago and boy did it feel nice. My kids come first and then anything that might be needed for my house and since I don't have CC debt ( in our house we don't buy things until we have the money to buy it, so no putting things like that on credit cards) I feel as though I work darn hard and it's nice to have something to show for it. Everyone has their thing.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2009