26 weeks and a question about movement

You'd think I'd know this, being its my 2nd pregnancy, but my first was so active all the time that it was never a problem.

This time around, the little one isn't nearly as active - but does move around frequently when she is moving. I'm not sure if its because I am overweight (over 250) and maybe she's in a position that I am not feeling alot of her movements yet... today I haven't felt her move at all, and not sure if I should be worried, or wait it out a little longer before being worried. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 4:55 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly i had that problem between 24 and 26 weeks i was so scared but its normal or i was told it was normal
    MarineWife09

Answer by MarineWife09 at 4:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am over weight and the same thing happend to me-I even went to the er-it was funny for some reason I couldnt feel him but when hey attached me to the fetal welbeing test you could hear him kicking the thing! LOl
    Anonymous

• Not until your 28th week should you really start paying attention to his/her movements. My little boy would move around a lot for a few days and then be real sluggish for a day or 2. They go through growth spurts so that affects their movements. Also because you are overweight, it also might be affecting how much you feel the baby move. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thanks, your guys' answers have helped me feel a ton better :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:22 PM on May. 19, 2009