anyone know how many times the SAME bill collecting agency is allowed to legally call daily?

and other than screaming at them and tell them the SAME thing u told them a million times is there anything u can do to stop them from calling 7, 8, 9 times a day? because as most of us know-screaming at them does nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.ftc.gov/

Go to the site above for the Federal Trade Commission and see. Don't scream at them again. I believe all you have to do is tell them to stop calling. The site will let you know. I tell them that I've reported them to the Federal Trade Comm and that the fine for them is more than what I owe and they leave me alone

Answer by admckenzie at 5:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• As many times as they want. Just change your # & don't get it out
    Anonymous

• nope they can call ever 5 mins if htey wanted you we them money , sucks i know but only way to get them to stop is to pay them or set up a payment paln
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• From my understanding they are only "supposed" to call once, maybe twice at the most. But thats rarely the case. I had one, early in our marriage, that I had to get a lawyer involved in because the guy was calling us 10 times a day being threatening and rude.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• worst part is, this isnt even MY bill collector, I have unpaid bills but this is for some person I have never heard of before and I have told them time and time again- as bluntly as i could that I dont know thta person and not to call this number again- and they are like "yeah, ok, well when so and so gets in contact with you or comes home tell them to call us" in very rude tones- so I am getting calls from 8 am to 9 pm 10 or more times a day for a bill thats not even mine :(
    Anonymous

• that is differnet if it is a wrong number or they are askign for someon you dont knwo then talk to their supervisor about it or ask to speak to someone in charge the next tiem that they cant do
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If you have caller ID or any other information they have given you, I'd give it all to the police and file harassment charges if they are calling for someone that doesn't live there that many times a day.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

I've had that happen at my house. I told them repeatedly that joe blow didn't live here and if they calle done more time I would report them to the Attorney Generals Office. They didn't call again. In honesty, I have NO idea if the Attorney General would even do anything lol...but it made them stop :). Good luck
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Tell them to only call durring certin times of the day. I told a company that then if they kept calling all day long then i told them i was going to sue them for harrassment. They cant call you all day long. If you tell them that the calls will only be 2 times a day at the most. Good luck
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• There's no law that says you have to communicate with a debt collector by phone. If you hang up on a debt collector there is nothing they can do about it. But, if the collector continues to call you repeatedly even after you have hung up on them, they are in violation of the FDCPA.

All you have to do to stop debt collectors from calling you is tell them that you prefer to communicate with them in writing. Written communication works to your advantage because you then have a record of everything that is said to you. Should the debt collector violate the FDCPA, you have hard evidence of the violation that could lead to a lawsuit in your favor. Keep in mind that, by law, the debt collector does not have to honor this reques
    Anonymous