• In the Spotlight:

second baby shower

i asked my mom if she wanted to be involved in the planning of the baby shower for my second baby and she said she would help me if i needed help but she really didnt understand why women all of a sudden think its acceptable to have a baby shower for each child they have. i think its just a celebration for the new baby, i mean we arent even gonna register this time. is my mom right? is the shower just for gifts or is it for the baby? what should i say/do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it is the same sex baby then ya i dont understand it . if it is different sexs then that is fine . amybe you should get gender nutral things tho liek the caar seat stroller play pin bouncers swings all that so you can use it no matter boy or girl
    that is what we did
    next time all we will have to ge tis clothes and bedding and room decorations
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm in the same boat... If your having a different sex or you gave a way most of the baby stuff from the first then i could see having a shower. A girl in the pregnancy group i'm in suggested since i have every thing and all that would be needed is like clothes and diaper wipes ect. is instead of calling it a "shower" call it a "Baby Sprinkle" or do a "met the baby" after the baby is born. Have little snacks and make it more of a get together then a normal baby shower. I will probably throwing my second shower this time and am also trying to fingure out what to do. I think every baby should be celebrated first second third tenth. Every baby is special no matter what. Go for the shower and have fun.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think that its a party to welcome a new baby into the world- maybe what you should do is wait until after the baby is born. people will still brings gifts for the baby but wont judge for the title "baby shower"
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I had two showers and have two boys. The second one we sent a little note inside the invite to let people know that we didn't expect gifts at all but would really appreciate any thing like wipes or diapers or even small gift cards to use on anything we may still need. Other than that everyone was very considerate and most everyone brought something. But it was more about celebrating the baby and not for the gifts
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:10 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I see no problem with it at all , i had one for everyone of my children....well friends through me one. my 1st two had things bought for them but the other times I just made it a big get together with games, dinner and just a big hang out people dont exactly need to buy you a whole bunch of shit, just got cards and some DID give me little things . just have fun with it. its a celebration.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 5:12 PM on May. 19, 2009