Every time I hear about the special needs kids being abused in school,

I start to cry. I know I should change the channel. I know it's happened for so long, how, I don't know. It's been mentioned about the teachers having better training. I don't know if it's the actual teachers or the aides that are abusing them. I am in shock, I don't know if I could handle it if my son was abused by his teacher. I'd be a raving lunatic!

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 5:02 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• it is ridiculous. i hate seeing things like that on the news.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know, it's why I didn't watch the news for years. I do have a special needs son, and my heart really aches for the parents of kids that were abused, especially the ones that died.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• On the flip side, my aunt worked with special needs kids and they were rough on her. She wasn't allowed to do anything and the principle sat right there and watched one child throw a chair at her and did nothing. I understand they are special needs, but there needs to be disciplie of some sort. I can understand how a teacher or an aid could snap after too many incidents with the kids. THe overall system needs to be fixed. It's a combination of kids that shouldn't be in the schools cuasing problems and teachers who don't have the patients being in the class room.
    Anonymous

• I agree. My son was placed in a class with MD kids and emotionally disabled ones. That is not where he needed to be.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:36 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If a special needs child is endangering others then they need to take them out of the system. It can't work for them. I get pissed about the kids being abused also.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I went to a vocational school 4 years ago and they had classes for kids with specail needs and one of the students there died while at school he went to his teacher and said he wasn't feeling well and they tried to call his parents they couldn't get ahold of anyone and he had a seizure and died at school it was so sad I hate that, that had to happen to a poor child.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You are right! handicapped kids should never be abused at all! And it should have never happend either! My brothers daughter has downs and he had her go to a regular school and she did fine! She even graduated from college! And my daughter is handicapped and she did fine too! But there some severly handicapped kids that do have problems! I have also ! Two brothers that are severly retarded and mom and dad took care of them from birth until they where eight yrs old! Than the doctors told my mom to put them in a foster home for handicapped kids! After my brothers escaped from the house. My dad had to put them in an institution in califorina where they lived for years! Later we found out that the staff where abusing all the handicapped kids there! So after that! My aunt found a good christan group home for them. this is where they are living now! My brothers can not talk or understand anything anyone says to them! But they can
    babyboomer1957

Answer by babyboomer1957 at 9:39 AM on May. 28, 2009