Does this make a me bad friend?

I am friends with this guy, he went to school with my hubby and they were friends, but we are both in the same profession so we have become better friends. We were at the store last night & I was really not in a good mood, it was too hot & I just wanted out of there. DH tells me that my friend is over in another section of the store & asked "aren't you going to go say hi?" I said no, that I didn't feel like stopping to talk to people I just wanted to get what we needed & get back home. DH instantly thought that we weren't getting along & asked what had happened, I told him nothing I just wasn't feeling social. & besides my friends girlfriend really doesn't like him talking to other women unless it is at work & I try to respect her feelings, so if I see them out in town I only wave or say hi if he sees me & acknowledges me first.
Later when talking to another friend about it, she said it was rude to not go up & say hi, was it?

Inkedmommy007

Asked by Inkedmommy007 at 5:10 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• personally I think you are wise

Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No I don't think you were rude at all. Especially if he was with his girlfriend, plus when you aren't feeling social it's better that you avoid people lol.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You were'nt in the mood to talk and everyone has that kind of day so just tell her you were'nt in that great of mood and your sorry, and not to take it personal. Your not perfect and sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Don't stress over it, she will understand. (Not that you really have to explain yourself to anyone.) Hope your having a better day :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Who cares..........you didn't want to chit-chat so I'd just move on. You have some other reason and sound very respectful so I would not worry.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think it was rude at all. Everyone has those moments where they don't want to talk to people. I try and AVOID people I went to high school with at all costs just because I don't feel like talking. Just because you see a friend of yours somewhere doesn't mean you have an obligation to go talk to them...especially if they didn't see you.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't think it was rude... they were in another section of the store, you were ready to get out of there... simple for me to figure out.
    If you made eye contact with them then that would've been rude if you'd just kept walking but to hunt them down in the store would've seemed kinda weird to me if I was the girlfriend.
    Sounds like you're considerate of your friends relationship to me if it makes his girlfriend uncomfortable.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it's not like he said hi and you ignored him. not rude.
    mysue

Answer by mysue at 6:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OMG you are the most awful woman ever! ...jk. It's not rude....it's kind of like avoiding a phone call cuz you don't feel like chatting. I would've done the same thing if I didn't feel like talking to anyone. You weren't ignoring him or blowing him off, you just wanted to go home, damnit! lol
    RockinMama85

Answer by RockinMama85 at 6:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• IMO it makes you a good friend! You were in a hurry..Even if your guy friend had seen you, I'm sure he would've understood why you didn't go say hi. And the fact that you were thinking of His girlfriend's wishes shows that you are truely just intrested in friendship and not being shady.

You didn't do anything wrong!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If your not feeling social then don't force it. We all have off days. It wouldn't sweat it. You're not a bad friend.
    ToniTennille

Answer by ToniTennille at 2:41 AM on May. 20, 2009