Swine flu and Pregnancy?

Okay this may sound silly but heres the thing. lastnight my father was sick and I took him to the hospital (For his heart) and now that I was here I am scared of getting something. The hospital was very cledan and even if someone coughed they made them put a mask on and keep it on. I used purel about 30 times per hour and didnt touch anything. I am in very good health otherwise, nothing worng with me not even asthma. What God for bid I got something what would you think the odds of a 4 Monts Pregnant woman fighting it? I worry I dont hear anything on the news ever saying and if your pregnant......So just looking for some input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think you have anything to worry about. since they made everyone wear a mask when they coughed and you washed your hands so many times i dont think you would even get anything especially since you said the hospital was very clean. if you did, i would just go to the doctor and get as much help to fight it as possible. i think you would have a good chance to fight it though
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Germs spread through the air
    Anonymous

• If you did catch something, which I doubt you did, even though you're pregnant, your chances of getting better are still pretty high, as long as you go to the doctor right away. I am pregnant as well and have been concerned about the Swine Flu only because I don't know what kind of effects it can have on a mother-to-be and baby. It hasn't done much to healthy adults, but when you are pregnant your immune system is compromised. However I wouldn't worry about it. Worrying yourself is just going to make you sick. Literally. Your brain can make things happen in your body just by thinking they will happen. So relax. And if you do get sick, just get to the doctor right away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If you are pregnant you are more suseptable and should stay away from hospitals. The lady that died in Texas was pregnant and according to her hubby that was the only thing she had. Her hubby was on Larry King last night.
    Anonymous