My husband is on my last nerves-

so my husband left the sponge in the sink AGAIN! he knows i hate it-it drives me crazy and i think its gross. i was going to clean the kitchen and discovered that not only was the sponge left in the sink but it also had left over dip spit on it-im NOT touching that or using it on my dishes. i am out of sponges so it looks like the kitchen isnt getting cleaned after all.....thanks for letting me vent-anyone else need to?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 5:32 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So you'd rather have a nasty kitcken where germs will infect everyone than to touch a sponge. Real smart. At least your husband tries.
    Anonymous

• this is called a vent-did you not read that??? whos smart now-and its not like the kitchen is really dirty WOW a few dishes. not that its any of your business
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think i would be the same way. Make him stop on the way home to buy some more spunges and have him do the dishes that you cant get done now. Thats what i would do. =) it would make me feel better haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ummm...yeah anon, dip spit on the sponge....riiiight. I totally get where you are coming from. When my husband used to dip I would get sooo f'n pissed when he spit that crap in the sink. I would freak the hell out. I also hate hate hate it when he leaves the frigging sponge in the sink. He doesn't get why, and I have explained over and over and over again, but I don't think he will ever get it.
    Sorry hun...I feel for ya!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 5:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I would make him buy sponges AND do the dishes when he got home...and then this is what would happen: he would forget the sponges because he would get side-tracked at the store, and I would have to go to the store tomorrow and get them!! And then I would have to do the dishes anyways because he would have to go to work!! HAHA
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 5:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OH!!! The DIP thing!!! AAGGGHHH

I can't tell you how many times I've told him not to leave the cups/bottles just sitting around and I'm always finding them everywhere!

Grrrrrrr!!

LOL

*BTW I think its nasty when the sponge sits in the sink with the nasty water soaking up in it all night too!!! how can you "clean" the dishes with it once its soaked up all that yuck?!?!?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• On a side note.....kiddo drank dip spit once, hubby quit that same day when I told him it was me and the kiddo or his dip. Ugh. Dip is so grosse.
    Anonymous

• i know anon 6:38. i can deal with it as long as he doesnt leave his dip cups every where, he washes them out, and doesnt spit all over my sponges.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I have a vent: I sort, wash, dry, fold, iron, and hang clothes for 6 people in this house, but do you think ANY of them can put them away?!
    Two of my daughters have full baskets of folded clean laundry ready for them to take to their rooms, but I know when they finally do, those clothes will sit in a pile on the floor or chair until they get worn. My youngest daughter has her pile on the fireplace hearth and anytime I tell her to put them away she throws them on the floor of her room! Sometimes I find the clean clothes, still folded, mixed with the dirty clothes!
    My husband and I have an agreement - I'll put his clothes away and he'll fill my gas tank in my car. It's a chore I dread so putting his & my clothes away is no problem.
    But I'm really tired of the girls lack of respect and thankfulness!!!
    By the way, they are 20, 17, & 15.
    I cater to my 3 mo. old granddaughter so no problem there.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• By the way, thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
    I feel better now.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:47 PM on May. 19, 2009