Can Congress restrain the president in foreign policy making??

I had an essay to write about the president being the foreign policy leader a few weeks back. I finished the essay (of course). But I was wondering, does he have anyone who stops him if they don't agree with any policies he makes?? Is it congress or what? I tried to find out online, but all those big unconfortable words make me nervous. so what do you ladies think?? Could it be possible??

Susamii

Asked by Susamii at 5:33 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The only time the president can make a policy, law, bill, or what have you, is in a time of war or national crisis. Even then they only have a certain period of time before congress reevaluates what the president has done and can veto it. Basically everything the president wants to do has to be approved by the house, and congress.
    Anonymous

• Only if they use a straightjacket!
    Anonymous