• In the Spotlight:

15 month month olds and nap times

My 15 month old son usually takes 2-3 naps a day. He usually wakes up around 730 in morning and takes a nap around 11 for an hour then sometimes takes a short one around 3 and then takes one around 630 for an hour and goes to bed at 930. His grandmother on his fathers side keeps getting on me about breaking him of taking so many naps, especially the 630 nap but if he doesnt take that nap he gets so tired cranky that he just cries and throws himself around. How many naps does your 15 month old take and do you think the 2-3 naps my son takes is too much? When my oldest was 15 months she only took 1-2 naps a day but my son is totally different. I'm really getting tired of her getting on me about this.

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 5:53 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All children are different, Does he sleep through the night? If he does than I'd say if he's taking those naps, he needs them. If he's not sleeping through the night it could be because of too many naps. I have a 15 month old and she only takes 1 nap a day, but it is about a 2hour nap, and she's good to go. But she will lay down and rest periodically during the day as well. All kids are different, don't let grandma's comments bother you.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• All kids are different and have different needs.My son use to take one two hour nap a day,but I've taken care of children that take two a day.Pay no mind to her commets.If anything you should tell her,in a respectfull way,that this is what your child needs and that you're his mother.That you value her opinon,but enough is enough.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thanks for the advice and yes he sleeps through the night, from 930 to usually 730 or 8. I have tried to hold him out on his 630 nap and put him to bed around 730 or 8 but he wakes up at 4 or 5 in the morning.
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 6:44 PM on May. 19, 2009