LONG VENT ABOUT DH

Ok, so I am 2o years old, & have been with DH since I was 15. We have a 20 month old DD, and are expecting DD #2 in a couple of weeks. I am a SAHM, clean, do the laundry, take care of our DD who does NOT listen to me at all. Make him lunch for work, make dinner, do all the household chores. I am 9 months preggo, and going crazy!! I am huge, my back hurts, I can hardly walk because I gained too much weight w/ this baby and its putting alot of pressure on my hips. He complains when he comes home if I ask him to change DD's diaper or give her a bath. That he's too tired. What about me!? I am the one doing everything at home & taking care of our DD who is going through the terrible twos. But, then he can go out after work with friends & not come home til 2am. But, he can't give our DD a god damn bath?!
Sorry, just needed to vent. I can't wait until this baby comes out, and MEN need to grow up & take responsibility too!!!!!

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• His mom probably raised him like a child his whole life, never gave him any responsibilities and constantly coddled to him. Now he expects you to. Screw that, put your foot down. I wouldnt just ASK him to do something, TELL him to do it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my dh is the same way! and it drives me insane. sorry that you have to deal with it. hopefully things will get better for you once the baby comes and the terrible twos suck, my dd wont listen to me at all! she turns around and tells me no when i say do this or shell laugh when she does something she knows she isnt suposed to drives me insane....
    Anonymous

• My baby daddy was the same way-he is 27 and his ma still cooks cleans and does his laundry (including irioning his underpants)
    His mom broke him-he prolly could have been a nice guy but mommy had to baby him TOOO much and now I have to deal with it-
    he has 4 kids doesnt see any of them wont stay with someone unless they can cook, clean, and do his laundry the way his "mommy" does it-
    he left me when I got pregnant because how is he supposed to be a father if he doesnt like the way the mother is- Im like "you liked me just fine @$$ hole when I was sleeping with you and letting you sleep at my house everynight"
    now im pregnant and Im not good enough!
    Jeeze!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My hubby helps when he can. Right now he is working full time and going to school full time so he's really tired so I don't really push him to help but if he wants to help or if I ask him to do something for me he will. And we have 2 kids, our daughter is 22 months old and we have a new baby. If I tell my daughter to do something she will turn around and walk the other way and she will tell me to "shh" it gets on my nerves..I'm trying to break her out of that one. And last night she came in our room and told her brother to shut up just because he was crying.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 6:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You sound exhausted and I hope you have someone else in your life to give you a hand. What the OP said is true, never ask for help. You have to state what you need done and expect it to be done. Nine months is tough and things will get better. Good Luck!
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think your biggest issue is your DD, I would look into ways to turn her around a little bit. 2 is a very hard age anyway but if you set up routines or a schedule for her that will help, if she back talks or acts like a brat she will sit in time out or take a nap. I personally will spank when my kids start acting like mini teens- imagine what they'll be like as real teens if you let them get away with it now...

DH probably feels that since he has worked all day and you stayed home that you should do all of the housework and baby care- I know it sucks to be on call 24/7 and it is harder than he thinks, you really do have to tell him how you are feeling and that you really need him to take ten minutes out of his busy schedule and give his daughter a bath, tell him you need just a few minutes to put your feet up and not be on call.

I wish you luck, and hope you can teach DH and DD how to behave...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:36 AM on May. 20, 2009