Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you no longer have a regular phone, have you informed your local police?

If your city has Reverse 911 did you know that the system uses the phone records from the main phone company - both listed and unlisted numbers are included?

BUT, if you have only a cell phone or VOIP phone, you will need to let them know what your number is so they can add you to the system.

Answer Question

Asked by kaycee14 at 6:22 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 6 (129 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I did not know this. How would someone go about letting the know.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • I"m with her...what do we tell them?

    Answer by lstrickland at 6:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • whats reverse 911? how do we know if our city has it?

    Answer by SThompson21 at 6:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • Reverse 911 is the system that local governments can use to let you know what to do in an emergency - which way to evacuate during a wildfire for example.

    You can just call your local police department and ask if they have it and what to do to add your number. Use the information number listed in the phone book - don't call 911. :)

    Answer by kaycee14 at 6:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • Nope and I don't plan on it. I was never told that I have to and the police do not need my phone number for anything. If a number is unlisted, not even the police can get your number, I asked the phone company when I had a landline.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.