Boyfriend pawned car title. WTF?!

A couple weeks ago a guy from a title loan place came knocking on my door looking for my bf. (He lives w/ a friend, not w/ me. He just used my address. JERK!) So apparently, he pawned the title to his car. I called my bf & asked him wtf he thought he was doing. He's not working & most definitely cannot afford to pay them back. He told me that he needed $ & I have no idea what he spent it on & he won't tell me. (I know he didn't buy diapers!) So I got a letter in the mail saying that it's been court ordered for him to turn in the car or he'll be incarcerated. This was a total dick move on his part, not to mention unbelievably immature & irresponsible. If they come back to my apt w/ a warrant looking for him or the car, I can't lie & cover for his sorry behind! I love him, but he doesn't think. I am so pissed right now. What should I do? I know you'll say break up w/ him, but my mind is going crazy right now. WTF?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sounds like a special guy. Since he isn't your hubby, you shouldn't be trying to save him from this. He is a big boy now and will have to deal with his own choices. If you don't let him deal with the consequences himself, you will end up in a relationship with a full grown 4 year old. ( this comes from the joyous experience of being married to someone who sounds exactly like this) (hopefully you aren't dating my ex, cause this so sounds like him!) Good luck!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Not much you can do, either he pays them back and keeps the car, they take the car, or he goes to jail. Another huge red flag is that he is hiding something pretty big from you....
    Anonymous

• Turn him in. What else can you do? He will never learn ANYTHING if he doesn't have some type of consequence for his actions.

And you are right - you should leave him. He was not thinking of you or his child when he was doing this, and he did not do it for YOUR benefit, he did it for him. He put himself before his family - he is not a real man.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Whose car it is? His right? His responsibility. That is his business what he needed the money for, maybe he didn't wanted to to tell you because he knew you probably wouldn't understand. That is a grown man honey, and not your husband. Now I don't understand why he didn't use his parent's address, now that was irresponsible and inconsiderate on his behalf. The relationship needs evaluating at that point.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:36 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Does he do drugs or gamble? Turn him in, maybe jail will do him some good, he seems like he's no use to you anyways. Sounds like a bum to me.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Diamond Mama...
    I know for a fact that he spent the money on something he really didn't need to be spending that money on. He has no rent or bills to pay. And he didn't tell me what the money was for b/c he knew that it was something that he had no business spending it on. I know how he is. And a grown man doesn't jeopardize his transportation for something completely frivolous. And it is my business considering the fact that I have letters & people coming to my door looking for him!
    Anonymous

• Didn't I just say it wasn't right for him to give him your address. But by that being his car and his money than I say its his business.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The next time they come looking, tell them where to find the car.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:41 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Sounds like a real winner. I would drop that loser fast and move on. Guys like that will always be broke and never amount to anything. Would not want my child around someone with no ambtion or brains.
    Anonymous

• I just called him & told him and he said, "Well they're not getting sh*t."

WTF?!

There's something wrong going on here. I'm so through.

Anonymous