I need help here....

can you tell me one example of the responsability that has the executive brach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's see, let me check the US Constitution ... as I recall, it's pretty limited ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• why do I feel like I'm getting a pop quiz in school???

DO YOUR OWN DAMN HOMEWORK!!!!!

p.s. Go back to English class and work on your spelling!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 7:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OK. I checked the Constitution: The President's duties and powers are covered with five sentences:

He swears an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. ... Not the country, not the people - the CONSTITUTION itself. (This is a very important point !! )

Commander-in-Chief of Army, Navy, and state militias when they are called to action.
    Requires written reports from heads of his departments; grants reprieves and pardons.
    Receives ambassadors & other ministers, makes treaties (with 2/3 approval from Senate), and nominates people to be ambassadors, Supreme Court justices and other US officials, to be confirmed by the Senate.
    Gives a State of the Union report, with his recommendations.
    Fills vacancies which come up in the Senate; he can convene both Houses of Congress in an emergency.
    He "takes care that the laws are faithfully executed".

That's it, as far as the words in the Constitution go.
    :-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:10 PM on May. 20, 2009