My doctor just explained to me that my son is a graze eater! Anyone else have a child that eats every hour?

kade23

Asked by kade23 at 6:41 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine...He will only eat about a handful of things and then he is done for that whole hour. It drives me crazy. And he refuses to eat anything that is good for him..well BEST for him really like protein
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• nope but wanted to say hang in there, that is very frustrating!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes! My daughter is 7 and is still this way. She rarely has an interest in eating a whole plate full of food at one time, but will graze all day.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 7:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My first was HORRIBLE with this and to this day she still just "samples" all day long. She is super skinny though. My new baby will do this all day, but take longer breaks at night...thank god, because if I had to repeat the experience of nursing every hour like I did with my first, I would go nuts!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Is he BF or FF? If he is BF there are some possible causes you can explore and possibly help! One cause of very frequent eating is an oversupply of milk (I know that doesn't make sense does it?) Read this: Oversupply

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• how old is your kiddo? Mine is just 10 weeks, and I nurse. He eats like every hour or so during the day. And it is not that he is not getting enough because I make a lot of milk. But the doctor said to just let him eat when he wants to. It is frustrating because I cant go anywhere!
    Zachsmom7

Answer by Zachsmom7 at 1:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine did this around 6 weeks and I thought I'd lose it. I wanted to stop bfing it was so bad, but it stopped. NOw at 11 wks. she'll go 2-4 hours but when she does eat (bf), she does it for a very short time, like only 5- 10 mins. She sometimes goes longer at night but is on a pretty reliable 3 hr. schedule. She is small and can't eat a lot at once.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:04 PM on May. 21, 2009